Question: What is missing in this play area that would help ensure the child is safe?
A.) Adult supervision.
B.) Fencing to keep the child within the area.
C.) Toys for the child to play with.
Adult supervision is missing.
Additional Guidelines and Recommendations
- Children are never left alone in play areas, even if the area is fenced.
- The amount of supervision needed will depend on the age of the children and the type of activity.
- Children age 2-6:
- Need constant supervision.
- Need simple rules, which are enforced.
- Children age 7 and up:
- May require less intense supervision, but an adult should always be present.
- Explain and enforce rules, including consequences of unsafe play.