The National Children’s Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety (NCCRAHS) was established in 1997 with support from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). NCCRAHS is one of 11 Agricultural Centers funded by NIOSH, and the only center that is national and focused on children.
The center focuses on research and outreach activities that enhance the health and safety of children and youth who live, work and play on farms and ranches, by helping farm owners, parents and supervisors identify and address hazards associated with agricultural work and rural environments. NCCRAHS is the national leader of agricultural safety and health for working youth and non-working children, including agritourism safety, youth work guidelines and creating safe play areas. They also provide leadership for the Childhood Agricultural Safety Network (CASN), a coalition of organizations that work together to keep children safe on farms and ranches.
Using materials from this website (on farm/personal use):
- The materials on this website are intended to be used to enhance the safety of agritourism operations.
- Many of these resources are intended to be templates, which can be modified to include farm/ranch specific information.
- Materials can be reproduced for individual use (e.g. sign templates used to produce signage for an individual operation), but cannot be used to generate a profit.
- It is permissible to add your farm/ranch (agritourism operation) logo to these materials.
To copy or reproduce materials from this website for dissemination:
- The materials are not to be distributed for the purpose of generating a profit.
- Include in your acknowledgements: the National Children’s Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety.
- The materials cannot be altered by adding or deleting information that would change the meaning of the content.
- It is permissible to add your company’s logo or other company identifier to these materials. If you are interested in co-branding materials, please contact us.
National Children’s Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety
1000 North Oak Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449-5790
Phone: 1.800.662.6900 or 715.389.4999