Question: Is there anything wrong with using this merry-go-round on an agritourism operation?
Yes. The wood on the merry-go-round is splintered/uneven and the platform is open in the center.
Additional Guidelines and Recommendations
- There are no openings between the axis and the periphery with a diameter of 5/16 inch or larger.
- Merry-go-rounds are not used on playgrounds intended for toddlers.
- The standing /sitting surface of the platform has a maximum height of 14 inches for preschool children and 18 inches for school-age children.
- The underside of the bottom of the platform is no less than 9 inches above the protective surfacing.
- Merry-go-round platforms do not have any up and down (oscillatory) motion.
- No components of the apparatus extend beyond the perimeter of the platform, and no shearing or crush mechanisms are accessible.
- There is a secure means of holding on for children.
- Mechanism is in place to limit peripheral speed of rotation to 13 ft/sec.