Question: Is this the correct ground cover to use in an area where red spiders and tarantulas are common?
No, the ground cover is not the correct type for this area.
Additional Guidelines and Recommendations
- All regional recommendations are followed when planning play areas including:
- Black ground surfacing is not used in regions of excessive heat/sun.
- Bare metal slides and other equipment with bare metal is not used in areas exposed directly to sunlight or in areas of excessive heat/sun.
- Protective surfacing materials do not offer sufficient protection when frozen.
- Check local and state resources for additional recommendations and guidelines.1