Question: This building functions as a border on one side of the play area. Is this building, with these decorative items, a good choice to use for a border?
No, this is not a good choice for a border, as it contains several items hazardous to children.
Additional Guidelines and Recommendations
- Buildings, fences and other borders in play areas are free of peeling paint, splinters and protruding nails and screws.
- The play area is located at least 30 feet away from electrical sources and air conditioning units.
- The play area is free of items that are sharp or rusty (e.g. saw blades).
- Unstable items are not left in play areas (e.g. gates or tires leaning against a building).
- The play area is located away from other hazards such as machinery.
- The play area is also located away from anything that will produce loud noises.1