Question: In this area where there is no running water, is this hand washing station adequate?
No, these facilities are not adequate.
Additional Guidelines and Recommendations
- Water in buckets or tubs should never be used to wash hands. Water should always be “flowing”, so multiple people aren’t using the same water.
- If soap and water is not feasible, hand sanitizer or hand cleansing wipes should be provided.
- Cloth towels are avoided, as they may harbor germs and dirt. Only paper towels are used.
- Instruct visitors to wash hands before eating or drinking, after petting or touching animals, and before departure.
- Hand washing policies and procedures are known and followed by all employees, as well as communicated to guests.