Question: Is there a thermometer in the refrigerator to monitor the temperature?
No, there is no thermometer.
Additional Guidelines and Recommendations
- Uncooked meat is kept separate from other food.
- Policies are in place for cleaning refrigerators and freezers and monitoring the temperatures of them.
- A Refrigerator Temperature Log is used to monitor and document temperatures.
- Refrigerators and freezers are checked/cleaned daily, and a Refrigerator Cleaning Log is kept to document this.
- Examples of logs and policies are available under Resources.
- Thermometers are available at most retailers and through many supply companies.
- Refrigerator Cleaning and Temperature Monitoring Policy
- Refrigerator Cleaning Log
- Refrigerator Temperature Log