Question: Should this visitor be allowed to smoke in the corn maze?
No, visitors are not allowed to smoke in the corn maze.
Additional Guidelines and Recommendations
- A Fire Safety Plan is created for the corn maze and includes the following rules:
- No open flame producing devices and/or equipment is allowed in the maze.
- No smoking, cigarette lighters or matches allowed.
- No candles or lanterns allowed.
- The local fire department has a copy of the Fire Safety Plan, and is aware of the size and exact location of the maze.
- Fire extinguishers are available to the individuals monitoring the maze.
- Corn is planted later in the year, so it is still green during “corn maze season”, reducing the risk of fire.