Additional Guidelines and Recommendations
- More information is available in the CPSC Public Playground Safety Handbook on all types of climbing and overhead equipment, including diagrams and illustrations to demonstrate angles, distances, etc.1,2
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1190 (Titles II and III) require that newly constructed and altered places of public accommodation and commercial facilities be readily accessible to, and usable by, individuals with disabilities, including recreation facilities like playgrounds.3
- 3 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Website
- 1 CPSC Public Playground Safety Handbook – English
- 2 CPSC Public Playground Safety Handbook – Spanish
You have completed the Play Areas – Climbing / Overhead walkthrough. Use the buttons below to print out a checklist for this topic, return to the Walkthroughs overview page or access additional related content from the Resources section.