Skip to content
Selecting and Educating Vendors
- Operators should be diligent in selecting vendors that understand all applicable laws and best practices and follow them.
- Operators should educate the vendor that they are an extension of their operation and set expectations for how the vendor will interact with their customers. Your customer’s impression of a vendor is their impression of you and your operation.
- Agritourism operators should obtain certificates of insurance from all vendors to ensure the vendor is adequately insured. If the vendor is not insured, damages caused by the vendor may fall onto the agritourism operator.
- If possible, the agritourism operator should be listed as an additional insured on the vendor’s insurance policy.
- The vendor should carry liability limits greater than or equal to yours.